Saturday, April 12, 2014

Home sweet home canvas




I painted this canvas today, inspired by this (the buy 1 get 2 free canvas sale at Aaron Brothers didn't hurt ;) ). 

I started by painting a background.

Next I applied some 2-inch vinyl letter stickers from Staples (I think they can be found at office stores, craft and hobby stores, and hardware stores).  I didn't bother with measuring things out since I could see the letters would fit, I wanted the letters left justified and at the bottom of the canvas.  


Then I covered most of the canvas with white paint.  I used two coats of paint, letting it dry between each coat.  I left a few blue spots on purpose.  It would have been faster with spray paint but I decided to stick with the thick acrylic paint that I had on hand. 


I let the paint dry most of the way and then carefully peeled the letters from the canvas. 

All in all, it was an easy project.  I may end up making some small changes to the canvas like replacing the period with a small heart.

Have you made any art, craft or diy projects recently?  If you've posted them on your blog, Instagram, Flickr, Etsy shop or whatever, please share a link in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment